Friday, April 24, 2009

My Long Lost Friends

Had the chance to update my facebook the other day. My fb was initially created basically for MIA QE friends - serves as a so called 'forum' - to release tension and to share joyful event, if any.

Surprisingly, there were two invitations as friends from two people whom i had not in contact with for so long- almost 21years. They were my housemate n colleague when we were studying in Boston, US. Carol n i went to boston university while Zamrut (Lut) went to Wentworth Inst of Technology n subsequently to Northeastern Univ, which is also in Boston.

Am so glad that i finally found my long lost friends. They actually looked out for me on FB. It is a good platform to create new friends and also find old acquaintances.

Looking at old photos remind me of good old days...wet cold winter days..can still remember them well... Wish could go back there..insyaallah..it is on my wish list. I really wanna bring my kids there. Wanna share with them how difficult life was during study days..money was absolutely very scarce... Therefore we students had to take part time job.

Also wanna show them the campus, charles river, the downtown where i would normally spend my time when the going gets tough, the Boston Common (the park), the cafe where i used to work for my hard earned money, the apartments and everythg else. Hope they r still there.

Life was difficult then but as a student, it was great experience. We enjoyed as well. Weekends were well spent. That was the best part of it all... Huh cant express them here unless u were there with me...too much good n baddddd memories.,as well.. So long.. Gotta go b4 Got carried away.


Sent via iPhone.

3 comments:

lizahari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nisa shari said...

hi...

aunties n uncles huh? ... nakal...

btw, lizam also told me that they could hardly make a living ..study lagi, makan lagi rental n the list goes on.....
they had to do part-time jobs regardless what the jobs were, but they kinda liked it. y'know...

after all, those hardships paid off kan....?Alhamdulillah

lizahari said...

Halamak... Didnt mean that way...u know s/times we simply write w/thout thinking. And u do read between the lines..anyway, if that is the case others may also interpret it the way u do. So, for the benefit of the doubt, i may need to edit it a bit... or rather DELETE it hehe ...Anyway tq for commenting.