Sunday, February 13, 2011

Meeting An Old Friend..after 28 years..

....only to find out that she is suffering from Breast Cancer- stage 2. I had a shock of my life when i learnt that.

We met at the ward - on a hospital bed, instead of at a cozy restaurant, catching up our 'lost' years... She looked so calm and composed..Of course, we couldn't stop shedding out tears for awhile, but we finally came to terms with it.

She is one tough lady..a different person i used to know 28 years ago. She has grown into a matured person...with a strong personality..which i envy.

We talked for a good one hour. Most of the time I only listened to her. She talked about the past..us being room-mates during MRSM days..she really treasured those moments.

She was supposed to go thru a 'chemo' session - the first time after the 'lump' was removed in December. She didnt want to go thru it but the doc suggested she had one.

I left the ward with a very heavy heart.
The next day I text her asking how her 'chemo' session went..and I had tears in my eyes when i read her reply..

."Wkmslm. It strtd 4.30 ystday, endd at 11pm. D efct was bad, but i'l surv. On my way home now. Tq vr much for d mngful moment we had d other day. "

Till we meet again, Harlina...


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: